Oct 23, 2018
Today we are discussing the diagnosis and treatment of
Henoch–Schönlein purpura, HSP with
Jens Goebel, MD, and
Robert Fuhlbrigge, MD. Dr. Goebel is the Chief of
Nephrology at Children’s Colorado and professor of pediatrics
at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Dr. Fuhlbrigge is
Rheumatology at Children’s Colorado and Professor of Pediatrics
also at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Effects of systemic corticosteroids on HSP symptoms and
- The incidence of HSP in the community and what ages are most
likely to be affected.
- Classification criteria for the onset of HSP in patients.
- Understanding the events and drive of HSP at a molecular
- Tests that are helpful to understand risk of progression or to
confirm diagnosis of HSP.
- How often HSP patients who are at risk for nephritis should be
- Treatment decisions for patients with more severe HSP and
- The percentage of recurrent flares of HSP symptoms in
- Unusual presentation of HSP symptoms in pediatric